Thinking of taking an online learning course or program? If you are worried about
being successful using technology to learn outside the classroom, just answer these
questions about your abilities and work habits to find out if online learning is for
Answer Yes or No
- I have or can obtain access to the necessary hardware and software.
- I work by setting goals and then working toward their achievement. I am usually successful
- I am able to work independently and enjoy doing so.
- I am able to learn independently and enjoy doing so.
- What I learn is ultimately my responsibility.
- I manage my time well.
- I am confident of my academic abilities.
- I have good reading and writing skills (in English).
- I am willing to dedicate the same amount of time and effort to a distance learning
course that I would to a classroom-based course.
- I like to complete what I start.
- I consider myself to be self-motivated.
- I believe that I have the self-discipline needed to learn without face-to-face interaction
with my instructor and the other students in the class.
- I do not give up easily, even when the going gets tough.
- I believe that I am capable of doing college level work.
- I am good at note-taking.
- I do not procrastinate. I like to complete my tasks in a timely manner.
- I am comfortable expressing my thoughts and comments, as well as phrasing my questions,
- I enjoy opportunities to learn visually.
- I plan to commit at least 10 hours each week to each online course I take.
- I believe that the quality of my online course will be just as high as the same course
taken in a traditional classroom.
- Convenience and flexibility are essential to me in the pursuit of my studies.
If you answered "yes" to at least 18 of these questions, you are ready to take an