If you attended any other college, you must have transcripts forwarded to SUNY Ulster from all institutions you've attended previously. Transfer credit will be evaluated upon receipt of all transcripts and you'll receive credit for courses that meet the following criteria:
- The courses were completed at a regionally accredited post-secondary institution;
- The courses were completed with a grade of C- or better;
- The courses' content and scope are applicable to the program requirements at SUNY Ulster, and;
- The cumulative average of all courses being accepted by SUNY Ulster is a 2.0 or higher.
Additional information for Transfer Students
- The College may approve up to six credit hours of D+, D, or D- work in general electives only.
- Grades and quality points for courses transferred from other schools will not appear on the SUNY Ulster transcript or be part of your SUNY Ulster grade-point average.
- To earn a degree from SUNY Ulster you must complete at least 30 credit-bearing semester hours at SUNY Ulster. If you want to obtain a one-year diploma you must complete at least 15 semester hours at SUNY Ulster, regardless of the number of semester hours earned elsewhere.
- SUNY has implemented an appeal process for transfer students who do not agree with how courses were credited from other SUNY