TENURE TRACK POSITIONS
No listings at this time.
ANTICIPATED TENURE TRACK POSITIONS
No listings at this time.
TERM & TEMPORARY POSITIONS
NURSING INSTRUCTOR (TERM)
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Priority Screening: June 26, 2017 by 4:00 PM EST
This is a two year term position, with evaluation at the end of term for potential
conversion to tenure track. The successful candidate will be expected to teach a wide
variety of nursing level courses. This position may include a combination of day,
evening, weekend, extension site, online, and/or hybrid assignments.
Examples of duties:
As a full-time faculty member in the department, the successful candidate will also:
- Use and develop a variety of effective teaching and assessment methods to engage student
interest and address a variety of learning styles.
- Integrate appropriate instructional technology into the classroom to enhance student
- Evaluate student work using clear criteria relevant to the course content and learning
- Maintain and submit accurate records according to published deadlines (i.e., grades,
syllabi, attendance reporting).
- Participate in the department schedule development process.
- Assess student learning and develop plans to improve student learning based on student
- Advise and instruct students regarding programs of study, other institutions of higher
education, lifelong learning resources, and effective study skills; refer students
to support services, programs, resources, and other professionals as appropriate.
- Develop and update curriculum, including the ability to integrate multicultural perspectives
and participate in the program review process.
- Evaluate and select instructional materials such as textbooks, manuals, software,
and tools in collaboration, as appropriate, with discipline faculty.
- Engage in activities that enhance the Department’s rapport with area high schools,
colleges and community organizations.
- Participate in faculty recruitment, including adjunct faculty.
- Carry out collegial responsibilities including, but not limited to: attending and
engaging in department meetings and institutional committee assignments; student recruitment
and retention; and participation in shared governance committees and campus life activities.
- Communicate and work cooperatively with colleagues (within discipline and college-wide)
on matters regarding course offerings, programs, and activities that would enhance
the development of the department, college and student learning.
- Continue professional development and remain current in the discipline and best practices
in teaching and learning through course work, conferences, workshops, and other appropriate
- Perform duties described in Board policy, the faculty collective bargaining contract,
and as assigned at the Stone Ridge, Kingston, and/or other designated locations.
- Master’s degree in nursing;
- Current NY State RN license.
- Commitment to community college goals and objectives of providing quality programs
and services for culturally, socio-economically, ethnically, and academically diverse
students and students with disabilities; personal qualities to work effectively and
with sensitivity in a multicultural environment; awareness of and commitment to the
needs of non-traditional and/or re-entry students with diverse abilities and interests..
- Exceptional academic scholarship in the discipline
- Scholarship which informs a well-rounded view of the DISCPLINE from all stakeholders.
- Demonstrated ability to teach nursing courses at the community college level, using
varied teaching methods that engage students in their own learning, including learning
outcomes that motivate students to develop higher-order thinking skills, and ensure
consistent and appropriate monitoring of student progress.
- Demonstrated approach to teaching that is student centered and supportive of diverse
- A willingness to utilize diverse methods of teaching and to experiment with teaching
methods/technologies to accommodate various student learning styles.
- Ability to teach online courses.
- Experience in behavioural health, reproductive health, and community health. BLS-
prior teaching at AND level (lecture, lab, and clinical)
Personal and Professional Qualities:
- Knowledge of and commitment to community college teaching;
- Ability to work cooperatively in a productive team environment;
- Excellent interpersonal skills;
- Ability to work with community groups and campus organizations;
- Effective oral and written communication skills;
- Ability to meet the needs of community college learners with diverse backgrounds and
a wide range of skills and goals.
An initial starting salary of $45,000 per academic year with an excellent benefits
package has been allocated for this position. This position is contingent upon adequate
Assignment and Anticipated Start Date
The selected candidate will participate in campus-wide events beginning Monday, August,
21, 2017. The assigned work year is 10 months from that day, ending June 20, 2018.
The assignment will include an annual base teaching schedule of up to 30 semester
hours of lecture or a combination of laboratory and lecture, and four (4) office hours
per week. Full time faculty members will advise up to 25 student advisees. If requested
in excess of 25 students, full time faculty members will be assigned proportionate
release time or overload pay.
The position is open until filled. However, to ensure consideration, application materials
should be received via email by June 26, 2017 at 4:00 pm EST to be given priority consideration. Applications received after the
deadline are not guaranteed to be reviewed. SUNY Ulster reserves the right to close,
continue, cancel, postpone or restart the recruitment at any time.
Applicants must submit via email to firstname.lastname@example.org , the following materials to be considered for the position:
- College application available (through this link) Teaching Application
- Cover Letter/ letter of interest
- Curriculum vitae or Resume
- Copies of all undergraduate and graduate level Transcripts (Official transcripts will
be required upon hire)
- Contact information for three references, and
- A statement of philosophy regarding teaching and the role of today’s community college
Please submit only materials requested. All documents included in your application file become the property of the College.
Applicants who fail to submit all required materials will not be considered. Only email submissions will be considered.
We invite you to be part of a dedicated community of learners that puts students first.
Please go to sunyulster.edu for additional campus community information.
SUNY Ulster is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. The college encourages
applications from all qualified applicants. This position is contingent upon adequate
funding. Offer and assignment of employment is subject to verification of all information
provided on the employment application, credentials, transcripts, fingerprint check,
verification of the right to work in the United States and all other required pre-employment
conditions are met.
Applicants who are protected under the Americans with Disabilities Act and who, due
to a disability, require accommodations for completing the application process, testing
(if required for the position), or the interview, should notify the Human Resources
Office 10 working days before the accommodation is required.
Neither the smoking of tobacco (nor other substances) nor the use of electronic vaporizers
is permitted on the campus grounds.
SUNY Ulster does not reimburse applicants for travel, lodging or any other costs incurred
by applicant to attend interviews. All interviewing costs incurred will be the responsibility
of the applicant. Meeting the minimum qualifications does not guarantee an interview.
Internal applicants are not guaranteed an interview.
MATHEMATICS – PT, to teach day/evening classes in all levels of Mathematics from Pre-Algebra through
Calculus, and Elementary Statistics.
Bachelor’s Degree in Mathematics or Mathematics Education required; Master’s Degree
plus prior teaching experience preferred. Experience teaching Math at a community
college level a plus.
Forward cover letter and resume to email@example.com or by mail to:
PO Box 557
Stone Ridge, NY 12484
Members of underrepresented groups are encouraged to apply. AA/EOE.
CONTINUING EDUCATION TRAINERS/INSTRUCTORS
Click here for information about Continuing & Professional positions.
back to top